Whether you’re a start-up, established business or franchisor, your intellectual property is one of your most valuable assets. It’s important to identify and take steps to protect your intellectual property as part of your business planning.
At Finn Roache, we have provided specialist advice on all types of intellectual property for over 40 years. Our long and proud association with the Australian Graphic Design Association has seen us work with some of Australia’s most talented designers, and given us a thorough understanding of the unique needs of this important sector.
We have a particular focus on creative industries, and have worked with many fashion and graphic designers, photographers, architects and artists to secure their creative intellectual property
Many business owners aren’t aware of all the intellectual property assets they have. We will advise you how to trademark a name in Australia, work with you to identify, register and protect your trade marks, and enforce or recover your intellectual property if it is stolen.
We assist with Australian and international trademark applications and work to protect your intellectual property rights in every business transaction. Our experienced lawyers can help you navigate the Trade Marks Act, the Copyright Act, and the Designs Act to ensure your intellectual property is secured.
If you’re involved in an intellectual property dispute, we will provide advice and negotiate with other parties to achieve a commercial outcome.
We recognise that information technology is an indispensable part of any business. We regularly assist clients with the commercialisation of technology, e-commerce ventures and website regulation and compliance.
Intellectual property and information technology are truly global concerns. We recognise that our advice must be applicable internationally as well as within Australia. We pride ourselves on our relationship with our intellectual property specialists around the globe.
Our services include:
- Identifying and advising on copyright, trade marks and designs
- Drafting and reviewing license and assignment agreements for franchisees and franchisors
- Registering, protecting and enforcing trade marks and other intellectual property both in Australia and overseas
- Acting for clients to negotiate and resolve intellectual property disputes
- Advising clients on commercialising technology, e-commerce ventures and website regulation
- Targeted advice for creative industries, including graphic, industrial and architectural design
- Liaising with the Therapeutic Goods Administration to register your medical device on the Australian Therapeutic Goods Register