The Firm’s property lawyers have significant experience and expertise across all areas of commercial property law, including our accredited property specialists who have lifetimes of experience.
Our expertise includes managing and negotiating leases, acquisitions, sales, preparing contracts, refinancing and property development. We also assist with commercial, industrial and retail leasing, property disputes, liquor licensing and strata title. We provide practical, commercially focused advice and can assist with the full range of issues that can arise in commercial property transactions.
We provide a cost-effective service on all aspects of property transactions, from sale and purchase of residential property to complex property development and leasing transactions. We understand that purchasing a property can be stressful and sometimes confusing. Having us look after all your conveyancing needs allows you not to worry about the legal side of buying and selling a property. Our aim is to ensure the transaction is effected as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Our town planning expertise dovetails with the property work we do, particularly relating to land use and development issues and deliver the right outcome for our client.
Don't hesitate to get in touch for initial advice on your matter
We can advise you on the prospects of success should you wish to bring a matter to Court.
- Commercial and residential Property and Development involving acquisition, sale, development, leasing and construction, subdivisions throughout the Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle areas
- Corporate & Commercial
- Trusts, Succession & Business Structuring
- Wills & Estates
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Private Client Legal Services
- Business and Company Sales & Acquisitions
- Mortgages & Business Finance
- Information Technology
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Area and Emphasis of Practice
John is a Commercial Lawyer providing a broad range of corporate, commercial and property legal services to a number of industries including the information technology and other technology industries, accountants and their clients, property and development industry, transport and tourism industries and a number of others. He specialises in Business Law and Property Law. John has broad experience in:
- Sale and acquisition of companies and businesses
- Structuring of businesses and other entities
- Personal structuring and succession planning
- Funding of companies and businesses
- Trade Practices, Competition and Consumer Law
- Revenue Law
- Due Diligence
- Identifying suitable property, due diligence, negotiation and acquisition of Sydney CBD building for private off-shore investor
- Range of development advice for a consortium of investors with a large project in the South West of Sydney
- Sale of industrial business by company share sale involving due diligence and protracted negotiation with shareholders in dispute
- Sale in one line of two iconic Sydney CBD properties
- Insolvency advice and preparation of Deed of Company Arrangement to restructure a trading company
- Range of intellectual property advice for a number of tourism industry entities
- Succession planning, restructuring and funding advice for corporate and family group of companies
- Negotiation and successful resolution of complex inter-company guarantee dispute
- Range of employment advice to tourism businesses and other small and medium enterprises
- Negotiation, drafting and settling of complex software development and escrow agreement for development of specialised software for Sydney based national business
- University of New South Wales, Sydney – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting, Finance and Systems)
- University of New South Wales, Sydney – Bachelor of Laws
- College of Law – Practical Legal Training
- Post graduate studies in Intellectual Property & Information Technology at University of New South Wales
- Accredited Specialist, Business Law (Law Society of New South Wales) (first group receiving this award)
- Accredited Specialist, Property Law (Law Society of NSW) (first group receiving this award)
- Law Society of NSW
- Chairman of the Examination Committee for Business Law Specialist Accreditation for the Law Society of New South Wales
- Board Member of Uniting Resources of the Uniting Church of Australia (Synod of NSW and ACT)
- Member of the Statutory Corporation for the Uniting Church in New South Wales, The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (NSW)
- Skål International Sydney North (Tourism industry group)
- Member of Australian Tourism Export Council Limited
Civic / Charitable Causes
- Long term affiliation and working with Uniting Church Synod (NSW and ACT) on a number of boards
- Member of a number of committees of Law Society of New South Wales over many years
- Member of Property Council of Australia and contributor to Legal Panel over many years (recently ceased for time commitment pressures)
- Sponsor of Australian Tourism Export Council Limited and regular contributor of published articles and speaking engagements
- Honorary Legal Counsel for Australian Tourism Export Council Limited
- Sponsor of National Tourism Alliance and contributor of published articles
- Honorary Legal Counsel for National Tourism Alliance
- Regular presenter at legal education forums for College of Law, Law Society of New South Wales and other private legal education institutions
Ken has been in practice for over 46 years and has developed a reputation for being tenacious in protecting and advancing the legal rights of his clients.
He has vast experience in transactional matters, both in the commercial and domestic spheres. He is extremely knowledgeable in the area of Wills, Probate and Administration issues, as well as claims under the Family Provision Act. In his 25 years of charity work with Sydney Legacy, he has shown the same empathy, compassion and understanding in that endeavor as he does to his clients.
Ken’s role as Senior Consultant is grounded in common sense and wisdom gained throughout his career.
- Property and Commercial
- Estates, Probate and Administration
- General Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Area and Emphasis of Practice
Fatma focuses on all aspects of property matters.Fatma is a recent graduate and has previous conveyancing experience gained at leading mortgagee firms. Outside of work, Fatma is also a Lifeline volunteer.
- Macquarie University – Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- The College of Law – Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Anthony joined the firm in 2012, and practices within our commercial, litigation, and property law practices.
He represents clients in a wide range of business transactions and disputes, encompassing all areas of retail, commercial and industrial leasing, and commercial and residential property transactions and acquisitions. His experience in each of these areas allows Anthony to help his clients navigate through complex commercial matters and achieve a pragmatic outcome.
She is an accredited user of the PEXA electronic settlement platform and up to date with the latest procedures and processes.
Andrew has over 20 years experience as a lawyer practising in the Sydney CBD. In addition to private client, business succession and estate planning, he has an extensive background in commercial and residential property matters including large scale project developments, commercial leasing and associated banking and finance transactions.
As both a legal advisor and a non-executive director for listed and non-listed public companies Andrew also expertise in corporate and compliance work, company restructuring, business sales and acquisitions.
As a member of Sydney Cove Law Group which is a chambers style legal practice, Andrew is supported by three other solicitors, a qualified paralegal, law clerk and a secretary. His colleagues have expertise in intellectual property and trade marks law, wills and estate planning and commercial litigation.
Accredited Mediator (NMAS)
Notary Public FANZCN
Howard is a highly experienced lawyer, who has built a solid reputation for pragmatic, clear and strategic legal advice. Over nearly 40 years of practice, Howard has advised both corporate and individual clients on every aspect of property law, wills and estates and family provision. As an accredited mediator, Howard is able to achieve workable best-case solutions for clients with estate or property law disputes.
His expertise spans commercial, industrial and residential sales as well as put and call options, stamp duty and land tax issues and company title matters. He has helped innumerable clients with subdivision, strata and development issues including planning appeals, as well as compulsory acquisitions. As well as being an accredited property law specialist, Howard is also a member of the Law Society Property Law Committee.
Howard takes a holistic approach to his practice, often combining wills and estate work and/or family provision advice with his property practice. In this way, he helps his clients secure their legacy and create generational wealth.
Special Counsel – NSW & QLD
Suzette has experience in property, commercial law and estate planning in Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia. Her experience in property and commercial law includes advising developers, land owners, farmers, business owners and private individuals in the areas of property development, commercial and retail shop leasing, commercial and residential conveyancing, business acquisitions and sales, community titles schemes, property development structuring and titling, trusts and general commercial transactions.
Suzette was admitted to practice in 2011 after completing her Juris Doctorate from Bond University. Suzette also holds a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Masters degree in Forensic Science.
Amelia works alongside our lawyers assisting with commercial, leasing, conveyancing and property matters. She has extensive experience in dealing with a wide range of legal matters, in particular commercial and business transactions. Her passionate interest in law makes her a keen and able addition to the team.